I've got 3 runway models in the family now! Every year there is Midwest Fashion Week held here in Indianapolis. And every year, the organizers of the event donate the proceeds to a not-for-profit organization. This year they chose Down Syndrome Indiana to be the recipient! So, DSI sent out a casting call looking for models to walk the runway for the event. They could be any age and did not have to have Down syndrome. I took Brianna, Serena and Mia to try out for it. Can you believe Nic didn't want to do it? Boys...geez! Anyway, they told us we'd hear something in about a week. Well, 2 weeks went by and we hadn't heard anything (and 1 of my friends from DSI had heard something), so we just kind of figured the girls didn't make it. Imagine my surprise when that same night I get an email from Midwest Fashion Week saying that my child was chosen to be a model for the Children's Fashion Show. Of course, I had to respond to find out WHICH of my children were chosen, since I took 3. They responded with Mia and Serena. Then I was worried about Brianna, so I emailed and asked again. Brianna was chosen with the teens! So, my 3 models. I was told that DSI would be contacting me about my child with DS being a model.
Fast forward to this week when DSI posted a thing congratulating all of the models with DS who were chosen and guess what??? Mia wasn't on the list. So, I called DSI and they said that they did not have her down, but that if I was told she was in, then she was. That wasn't good enough for me, so I emailed the person who initially told me they were in again. This is her response to me: (Berny is the man in charge of it all) "Hello,
Berny wasn't sure if she had down syndrome so he gave me her name instead of the dsi. She's in! The designer personally selected her."
Can you believe it? The designer PERSONALLY selected my little girl with DESIGNER genes! I love it!
So, here is the link to the page with info on Midwest Fashion Week:
http://www.dsindiana.org/MWF2011.php
And here are the headshots I gave to them of the girls:
I'm so excited!



No comments:
Post a Comment